A couple of weeks ago I wondered why there was a phone in my hotel bathroom. I was assured that it wasn’t just that I was in Kansas.
Some people may let this situation throw them. I remembered a scene from Batman (1966) and this really helped me out. My thought process:
1. Kansas starts with “K”
2. Utah starts with “U”
3. Taken in chronological order, this spells “KU”
4. KU is populated with Jayhawks
5. Jayhawkers are strange, at best
6. Phones in bathrooms are strange
7. Holy Alexander Bell, Batman, a degree from KU qualifies you to install phones in hotel bathrooms!